For the purposes of data protection legislation, the Data Controller is Centor Insurance & Risk Management Ltd, 17 Dominion Street, London, EC2M 2EF. Our Data Protection Manager is Oriel Gavin. If you have any queries, complaints or requests, please contact Oriel on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 330 8714.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
– Technical information including your IP address, what type of device you used to visit our site, and what pages within the site you accessed and when.
We use this information in the following ways:
– To undertake our primary function as an insurance intermediary for which you would enter into a contractual agreement with us as well as an insurance provider if you proceed to purchase insurance products through us.
– To take steps necessary to assess whether we can enter into a contract with you and in order to perform our contract with you.
– To improve our service to you, ensuring that content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
– To deal with any legal queries related to your use of our service.
– To provide you with service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email, post, or by phone. These will include notifications about changes to our service.
– To provide our existing clients with marketing communications, including information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
Lawful Basis of Processing – Not Direct Marketing
– We will process your data on the grounds of performance of a contract and legitimate interest.
– Where we process special category data, such as medical or criminal conviction information, in addition to performance of a contract, processing will be on the grounds of ‘necessary for the purpose of insurance‘, created by the Data Protection Bill, Article 9 (2)(g).
Lawful Basis of Processing – Direct Marketing
– If you are already a client of ours, or have been in the past, we may send you information from time to time on some of our other services and articles we think might be of interest to you, based on legitimate interest.
– If you have never been a client of ours, we will seek to obtain consent from you to continue to send marketing communications from us. If granted, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
We will use this information for the following purposes:
– To administer our Site and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
– To improve our Site to ensure we present the most relevant content, and to ensure it is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
– As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
You agree that for the purposes set out in the ‘Why we collect this information’ section above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
– Insurers, business partners and suppliers, for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site
– Customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services
We will never sell your information to third parties. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We take your safety and security very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If in future we do need to transfer your data outside the EEA, we will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation.
Some insurers we work with have advised us that they do transfer data outside the EEA. If you would like to know if this affects you directly, please contact us and we can deal with your enquiry on an individual basis. Where insurers have indicated they do transfer outside the EEA they have provided assurances that adequate protection measures are in place to comply with the UK Data Protection Regulations.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw consent at any time. In addition, you have the following rights, which you can exercise at any time:
You have the right:
You can exercise your rights by contacting our Data Protection Manager Oriel Gavin at Centor Insurance & Risk Management Ltd, 17 Dominion Street, London, EC2M 2EF, or emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns
If you want to update the information we hold about you, you can email us at email@example.com, or write to us at Centor Insurance & Risk Management Ltd, 17 Dominion Street, London, EC2M 2EF. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and we will provide it free of charge.
Click here to find out how to delete cookies, though please bear in mind this may result of some loss of functionality of our site.
Updated April 2018